Sunday, March 28, 2010

Where are you now?

I'm daring you dear God, dear Being, Flower or whatever you like to be called. It's 9 o'clock and I'm daring you to give me ur wise thought pill. I have my glass of water ready. I'm reticent. I'm wondering if it's at all fair to force you to confide in me. What if you're holding a loud speaker to your mouth and I'm there in the audience all deaf and blind. Coz I want this pill to be natural. I don't want to write literature. I don't want to sound funny, philosophical, pretentious. I want a 100% organic, naked truth wisdom pill.

9:15. I'm tired and I have a headache is the only truth I can hear at the moment.
"Is that ALL or you think it's the most I can handle today?"I ask starting to drink from the water.
"Tell me one thing that made you happy today", I hear a blue, clear voice addressing me.
So he does talk, I'm thinking. I take another sip and hurry on coz u never know how long meetings without appointment last.
"Well, I went to Mission Bay Park and I saw nice kites, and seagulls eating french fries; and a dog snatched a duck and it hurt her, but we can't blame the dog, he was just being playful; and then, there were lots of people barbecuing, a bunch of crows were playing Frisbee and some people volleyball; kids were bathing and splashing; pelicans were fishing; dogs were wagging their tails, and people were wagging their dogs..it was a concert of joy. It was almost too good to be true. The only bad thing was the lack of toilet paper in the restrooms, but it didn't really bother me as I always carry Kleenex with me, and truth of the matter is there were lots of people in the park. I was actually happy about their choice to use the facilities rather than recycle all that Palm Sunday beer and soda in Mission Bay."
"So you spent a lovely afternoon there", the voice says.
"Yes, but when I got home to my overheated apartment, I had a scary thought. What if all that merry celebration was only a product of my mind? I almost ran to the car determined to go see if it was all still there, intact."
"Did you?''
"No, I was too afraid to see kites lost in the sky, sea gulls sick because of too much cholesterol, kids crying that their pampers were full, the injured duck having a bad limp. You know, all that."
"Was there anyone with you to testify for the happiness in the park?"
"No", I sighed.
"But now, when you look back, were you happy in the park?"
''I don't know anymore. I'm not there anymore."
"Where are you now?"

I frown and lift my glass but there's no more water inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment